Friday 28 August 2015

Eadie's Nursery

Here is a blog post about Eadie's little nursery - I wanted to do this so she could see it when she is older and also because we plan on moving her in to the large spare room soon because she just has so much stuff! 


Eadie's room is tiny little box room, Adam painted it 'Almond White' when I was pregnant as we don't like bright colours and also we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. I knew once he or she arrived it would start to fill up with 'stuff' of the appropriate colour! Anyway we were quite lucky when it came to the furniture as my Mum works for a local charity I asked her to look out for pieces as and when they were donated! The first thing we got which my Mums boss kindly bought for us was the cot - its just a plain wooden one and we got a brand new mattress for it. I think I will be painting it white when we move Eadie in to the larger room. Before she was in her large cot she had a moses basket by the bed and then a swing cot which she wasn't in for very long as she sleeps like a starfish! We got the white veil that goes around her cot from Ikea - really cheap and cute and I knew if we were having a girl she had to have one! And the cot bumper is from Mothercare and was around £30 if I remember rightly, its reversible too. Its a neutral theme as we got it when I was expecting. 



Next is the baby changing unit - again this is second hand, Adam sanded it all down and painted panels of it white and inside on the shelves. The little star changing mat is from toys r us, and was in the sale. In her changing unit we keep her nappies, baby wipes, swim nappies, muslins (that hardly get used now) baby oils/ lotions, a little kit with nail clippers/comb/brush/ from Tome Tippee, Calpol, teething things and anything else that doesn't have a home elsewhere. The unit does have a drawer but I don't use it as it makes such a racket to open and close it! 



We have built in wardrobes in every bedroom, so we just got her the hanging storage system which is from Dunelm, I store baby grows, vests, leggings, hats and other odds and ends. The boxes at the bottom of the wardrobe are from ikea and contain clothes for the future. The little basket is from a set of two from Primark - this has hair bands, bows, knickers, socks and dribble bibs. And on the top shelf I store her blankets. Although Eadie prefers to be in grow bags now so they only get used in the pram really! 



We were lucky enough to be given the Kub gliding chair and stool. We have spent many an hour in there - it doesnt get used as much now as Eadie just goes off to sleep herself which makes me feel sad! Shes growing so fast! But I do think a rocking chair is such a lovely piece for a nursery and I would highly recommend a kub! Behind the rocking chair is some star fairy lights from ikea, I have had them years! 



Adam put up two little book shelves from ikea for us to stack her books and other random items. He also out up a shelf above her changing unit which has a few bunnykin items and peter rabbit things. It also has the bed ted my mum got Eadie when she was born. And then we have another shelf high up above the rocking chair with other random keep sakes up there. 



This room has served its purpose for now but Eadie has so much 'stuff' and we have such generous friends and family that after Eadie's naming day she was given so much I said we must move her! I can only imagine what Christmas is going to be like... Chaos! 

I hope you enjoyed her little room tour - I am too excited to get started on her big room now! 

Lots of Love

Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment