Saturday 19 December 2015

I have a one year old.

Its official - I have a one year old. We had such a lovely day together on her birthday  and obviously Eadie was spoilt rotten by our lovely families. We got Eadie a ball pit for her birthday which went down a storm with her! It was so cute coming down in the morning to that and her presents which friends and family had sent for her. She got books, clothes, toys - the lot! 


After her morning nap we did a cake smash in our kitchen! It took a bit of planning but the pictures came out amazing! Adam got some huge white sheets of paper from work and the night before we taped them up to the wall & floor. We got a few mint green paper Pom poms and wrote happy birthday Eadie in our light box. My mum and I were going to make her the cake to smash but as my mum has a broken leg and torn ligament we just didn't get round to it so luckily Asda had this colourful cake I picked up! It was nice because it had colourful smarties inside so added to the pictures well! I shall add in some pictures.
Devoted Dada!

After lunch we went to Millets farm to meet Father Christmas, it was adorable. They had real reindeer, elves who sang and played games with the children (lost on Eadie but she seemed quite amused) and then we met the big guy himself. He sat and read the children a book which you actually get given, a lovely little keep sake. I had Eadie on my lap whilst all the older children were sat on bean bags - to my surprise Eadie pushed herself away from me and crawled over to the children. It was the sweetest thing ever but really made me realise my baby is growing up so much! 


After we went to see my Mum and she got Eadie a unicorn rocking horse! It is hilarious! It makes a 'magical' sound too! Then in the evening Adams parents & sister came over and again - Eadie was spoilt rotten! I wonder if she will ever realise just how lucky and loved she really is. The next day I read the little card attached to the flowers Adams mum gave me, it said 'Love to you on this special day Emily, thank you for our beautiful granddaughter' Well I cried my eyes out! How sweet and thoughtful. 

The three of us had such a perfect day together. I did get emotional a few times and just couldn't believe a year had flown by. I kept saying this time last year I was doing this or that in hospital. It really has been the best year of my life - apart from the hospital stay back in August. Eadie has taught me so much in such a small amount of time. We can't believe what a bright little girl she is becoming & I can't wait to see what the future holds for us as a family. The day after I felt really quite depressed - I guess it was such a build up to it all, then seeing all our loved ones & then it was all over! Next year we might do her a little party - why not hey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment