Monday 16 February 2015

Mummy Monday

Mummy Monday

Ive decided to do a weekly post called Mummy Monday as a round up of things we have been up to / thoughts & feelings / just a chatter about being a Mumma! 

So Ive just had a really lovely weekend - Friday night I was taken out for Valentines. And oh my god it was delicious... We went to The Smoke House & I ate all the meat!!! We had cocktails too and it was just lush to be together alone and have an adult conversation! Eadie Pie stayed home with my Mum & I really have no worries at all when she is with her Nanny so I really relaxed! 



However.... When we got back Eadie decided she wasnt going to sleep at 11... She was awake and moody and up until one. So I automatically blame myself - saying we should never of gone out and her routine is ruined. I had managed 7 nights in a row of her sleeping 11-8 which I was sooo impressed about. So I beat myself up over the fact we went out which is just ridiculous and in hindsight its just a blip, she is after all only 8 weeks old and it is inevitable that we will have difficult nights! 

Saturday was lovely - we had a long sleepy morning all together. Heaven. Adams sister popped over & then we headed to b&q for wall papering stuffs. Adam then spent the afternoon putting up the wall paper in our bedroom and I LOVE it! We then had M&S dine in - of course! I demolished mine it was delishhh! Eadie didnt really want us to have the evening together - we ate when we could & spent most of our evening running up& down the stairs sorting her out. Little monkey! 

Going back to the week now, Eadie had her 8 week immunisations. We waited an hour as the nurse didn't call us! Great fun when Eadie's the only baby screaming in the waiting room!!! She didn't like the jabs at all and my heart broke when she screamed. That evening she was quite needy and just wanted cuddles which is fine by me! She slept through the night again too. 

Eadie has really settled in to a routine now which is great. Its nice for me to be able to plan things as I know exactly what she will be doing. Its true when people say 'all of a sudden it gets easier' and I must admit the last week and a half has been lovely. I finally feel like I really understand this little person and that makes life a lot easier. 

Last night I went out to see 50 Shades of Grey - it was really nice to go out alone, although I felt so odd not having her with me or her massive changing bag! But I really enjoyed myself & had a proper giggle with the girls! 

Today we are snuggling & playing - no plans on leaving the house. It is vile out there, grey and rainy. I still do not enjoy Mondays & I don't even have to get up for work..! Weird. I should reprogram my mind to enjoy them! 

Anyway thank you for reading my rambles!

Love Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment