Tuesday 3 March 2015

Eadie & Emily loves...

Here are a few baby items that I have found to be really helpful... This isn't everything, I have a ton of other items i would recommend. The list seems endless so I shall hopefully post about some more items soon. 

Firstly is the Nuk bottles. We had quite a few nights of no sleep and hours of solid crying. One night I remember a solid seven hours of crying and no sleeping. It was hell! That morning I wrote on my facebook account that I thought Eadie had colic and sooo many people suggested things. One of the main suggestions was Dr Brown bottles, that day after 3 hours sleep I nipped to Morrison's and luckily for me spotted these. Since we swapped the bottles the difference in Eadie is unbelievable. I definitely recommend these bottles if you have quite a windy baby! I picked up a pack of 4 for £19.99.

Next is the Brights Start Kingdom swing, we were given some mothercare vouchers and I knew this would be a good idea! Eadie loves to be rocked and it got to the point where I was spending most of my day with her in my arms! So I knew I needed something to distract her whilst I made lunch or whipped the hoover round. She absolutely loves her swing, it has different speed settings and music. One evening when nothing would settle her we plonked her in there with the music on and off she drifted. Off the top of my head I believe this was £65 as there was a sale on at the time. 

The blissful baby expert by Lisa Clegg has been my go to guide on routines and it works! Eadie has been sleeping through the night now for about 3 weeks which is amazing! We do have the odd blip but I really cant complain at all. I really put it down to this book and following her routine guidelines. For all expecting mothers I would suggest reading this & for all the mothers who are struggling with sleep to as well! I read it in a hurried dash when I had got to the breaking point! I wish I had spent more time reading up on these things when I was pregnant! I got this off of Amazon for about £9.99 I believe. 

The Silver Cross Wayfarer - This beautiful pram was a gift from Adams Grandparents. We were so lucky to be given it as prams seem to be a costly item to buy! We were also gifted the car seat that clicks in to this frame by his Sister so we were extremely lucky indeed. I am really impressed overall with the travel system. Its easy to use, a simple yet stylish little pram. I went for the sand colour as we didnt know what we were having so it had to be neutral! If I had to pick again I would go for the limited edition eton grey one which has just recently come out! I love grey! Anyways overall really pleased with the pram, my only problem with it is when you have the actual pram bit on it (not the carseat) you cant really use the basket underneath! Its such a squeeze to get anything in it. 



Next is blankets! You need loads of blankets! You will learn very quickly that most items get covered in milk and sick for the first few weeks quite regularly! We have 3 blankets that I treasure, 2 were knitted for me by a dear friend who sadly passed away whilst I was in labour. And the other blanket is crochet by another dear friend. These blankets are like my prized possessions so I keep them immaculate. I have another 3 which Eadie uses most of the time, two are from my Mum which she picked up in Morrison's. I love them because they are neutral, one is grey and white stars and the other sand and white stars. Lastly I have one of those gorgeous popcorn style blankets from Sainsburys which my good friend Taryn sent for us, its so fleecy and warm. 

Lastly I recommend lots of plain white baby grows. Because we didn't find out what we were having we were gifted so many white sleep suits! They have been an absolute lifesaver, the best ones I think are from M&S. They are washed over and over and still look good as new, not faded or bobbled at all. I know lots of people are tempted to put their babies in gorgeous outfits but trust me baby grows are so easy to get on & off with zero faffing about. Plus babies aren't babies forever and I think baby grows are adorable!  

I hope some of this information has been useful to someone! 

Thanks for reading, 

Love Emily 
xox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment