Monday 9 March 2015

What I Keep in Eadie's changing bag!


So firstly about the bag - I didn't get a changing bag for ages. Eadie was probably 3 weeks before I finally got one! I was just using this little Johnson's zip bag that had a little mat in it, a few nappies, bags and wipes! Ridiculous. The reason I hadn't got one just came down to the fact that I didn't really like many! I found this bag back in Zara whilst I was pregnant & I wish I had just picked it up and bought it but no...! Total shoppers regret, it would have been perfect. ANYWAY, moving on. I was kindly given some mothercare vouchers so I went in there on a mission to find something suitable. I took Adam with me as wanted him to feel ok about using the bag too! He actually found the bag, it was £45.00. Its like a satchel bag with two pockets either side (handy for my phone & a dummy) a pocket at the back with the matching changing matt, and then inside it has two pockets on the front and some more compartments. We got the blue & white striped one, I believe it comes in 2 other colours. It has a brown strap & isn't absolutely hideous. Its pretty neutral and Adam doesn't look like a wolly carrying it either so that ticks a box! 

Right the contents - Nappies, Nappy bags, Johnson's Wipes, and Johnson's Nappy cream. Can I just say, I once left the house for a hospital appointment not checking the bag, and well you always need more than FOUR nappies. Such a nightmare of a day - a hospital appointment that didn't exist, a poospolsion, and a screaming fit. Whatever you do always check you have enough nappies - simples!!! 

I also always take a bottle with water in it ready to be heated - the pouch which is supposed to keep it warm doesn't really work! And I also have a clip lock of formula with plenty in. Next is a change of clothes, vest and baby grow incase we have a poosplosion! I also always have a muslin cloth, and a bip for feeding time! Theres normally a little hat floating around - its still so blinking cold! Tucked away at the bottom is a carrier bag, this is a much needed item if you have a poosplosion, I seem to talk about them a lot don't I! But you know when you've dealt with one so bad its resulted in throwing the clothes in the costa nappy bin you take every precaution you can! 

And then stuffed in for myself is my purse, and phone and sometimes maybe a hair brush & lip balm - lucky lady I am! I cant believe that I used to always carry round a huge bag - filled to the brim with 'stuff'. Now I leave the house with next to nothing! If Im feeling really sassy I might bung the lipstick in Ive managed to smear over half my face for a top up.... Like thats ever going to happen! Ive just ordered myself a Zara shopper, god knows why. I mean when will I use it! Anyways I hope you have enjoyed having an insight to the changing bag world! 

Love Emily 

Xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment